SYFR houses a HIPAA Compliance Officer as required by the Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
What does SYFR’s HIPAA Compliance Officer(s) do?
· Develop and maintain a HIPAA-compliant privacy program.
· Ensure enforcement of privacy policies to protect PHI integrity.
· Oversee the privacy training of employees.
· Conduct risk analysis and create HIPAA-compliant procedures where needed.
· Monitor compliance with the privacy program.
· Investigate and report incidents of data breach.
· Ensure the protection of patients’ rights in accordance with federal and state laws.
· Keep up-to-date with pertinent state and federal laws